Using nttp//rss v.03 as Service in Windows XP Pro SP-1

Have any useful hints and tips for nntp//rss users? Share them here.

Using nttp//rss v.03 as Service in Windows XP Pro SP-1

Postby WalterB on Sat Sep 13, 2003 1:30 pm

Has anyone had any luck setting up as a service with XP Pro SP1. I've tried a couple of times, but without success. The nttp service appears in Services, but will not start. :(
Walter B
WalterB

Postby jason on Sun Sep 14, 2003 1:02 pm

Take a look in the nntprss directory and see if there is a JNT.log file. This contains some basic information from the JNT service wrapper, including the command used to start nntp//rss. Please send a copy of the JNT.log file, as well as a copy of the log.log file (also found in the nntprss directory) to me at nntprss@methodize.org
jason
Site Admin

Postby Guest on Mon Sep 15, 2003 3:20 pm

jason wrote:Take a look in the nntprss directory and see if there is a JNT.log file. This contains some basic information from the JNT service wrapper, including the command used to start nntp//rss. Please send a copy of the JNT.log file, as well as a copy of the log.log file (also found in the nntprss directory) to me at nntprss@methodize.org

Done. Thanks.

Postby Guest on Mon Sep 15, 2003 3:22 pm

The above is mine; I forgot to log in.

Postby WalterB on Mon Sep 15, 2003 3:24 pm

Walter B
WalterB

Postby WalterB on Mon Sep 15, 2003 3:27 pm

Anonymous wrote:
jason wrote:Take a look in the nntprss directory and see if there is a JNT.log file. This contains some basic information from the JNT service wrapper, including the command used to start nntp//rss. Please send a copy of the JNT.log file, as well as a copy of the log.log file (also found in the nntprss directory) to me at nntprss@methodize.org

Done. Thanks.

log.log won't be accurate because it reflects after I manually started nntp//rss. The OEerror.txt will reflect the situation when the Service was installed but not working.
Walter B
WalterB

Return to Hints and Tips