bloglines sync API?

Share your ideas for future releases of nntp//rss.

bloglines sync API?

Postby hein on Tue Aug 09, 2005 8:40 pm

NNTP is great. Except that all state resides in the client. When traveling without a laptop/remote login, services like bloglines are not the worst back-up solution to keep up to date with blogs. However, it is hard to sync read articles etc. Therefore it would be great if nntp//rss would optionally mark bloglines articles read via the bloglines sync api as they are fetched from the nntp client.

Of course, this would require some heuristics for syncs in both directions. At least it could be made to work with >1 nntp//rss user.

Thanks,
Hein
hein

Postby jason on Sat Aug 13, 2005 3:27 pm

Hein - This is an interesting idea. I'll take a look at the spec and see what could be possible.

I'm trying to open up nntp//rss and offer some plug-in capabilities. Right now the next release of nntp//rss will support Item processing plug-ins. These get activated when nntp//rss downloads new or updated items, and would allow the creation of alerting plug-ins, logging etc. I will look at adding plug-in support to the NNTP interface, so that it would be possible to create third-party plug-ins that can intercept read requests from clients.

Jason
jason
Site Admin

Return to Feature Requests