Installation Issue

General discussion about nntp//rss.

Installation Issue

Postby radman57 on Thu Jan 06, 2005 12:35 am

Hello:

I have tried to install the nntprss application several times and have been able to import OPML feed listings... but I am unable to see ANY postings from the feeds in my Outlook Express application. The website [localhost:7810] works flawlessly, and I get downloads when connecting to the demo server

I am behind a firewall (Microsoft ISA 2000) running Windows XP SP2 on a client machine - server is Windows 2003 Standard Server. Can anyone provide me some insight as to how I can get the feeds to work properly. Port 7810 and port 119 are open on my external firewall (i have a dual firewall setup). I figured if I can read regular newsgroups ie microsoft.public.windows,server.sbs and the demo server you have running things should work ok.

Any help would be appreciated! Thank you in advance!
Robert Dye
radman57

Postby jason on Thu Jan 06, 2005 10:22 pm

Robert,

A couple of initial questions:

1. Is Outlook Express installed on your Windows 2003 Server? If so, have you tried accessing the nntp//rss locally?

2. When you say that you are unable to see any postings on your XP machine - does this mean that you are able to successfully download the newsgroup listing?

If you could send me (jason at methodize.org) a copy of the log.log file from the nntprss directory on the server, that may help diagnose the problem.

Jason
jason
Site Admin

Return to General Discussion